School values/mission statement
- To encourage a calm, purposeful and happy learning environment within our Church school.
- To foster positive, caring attitudes towards everyone, where achievements at all levels are celebrated and valued.
- To provide opportunities for children to develop their independence, self- discipline and sense of responsibility towards themselves and others.
- To develop a consistent approach for promoting positive behaviour throughout the school.
- To ensure that expectations of behaviour are clearly communicated to children.
- To establish a coherent and fair reward system that acknowledges and celebrates good behaviour.
- To establish procedures which determine a clear and consistent approach to unacceptable and disruptive behaviour.
- To raise self-esteem and teach positive behaviour through the content and delivery of the curriculum.
- To ensure the development and progress of pupils with behavioural needs are regularly reviewed with staff and parents.
- To effectively manage incidents of bullying, sexism or racism if and when they occur.
Wisbech St Mary Church of England Academy is committed to creating a safe and secure environment within a Christian context in which children can learn. Everyone is expected to take responsibility for their actions and to show care and concern for people, the school and its contents. The School recognises that every member of the school community has a responsibility for promoting good behaviour in school. Staff are committed to working closely with parents, pupils and Governors to promote positive behaviour and to create a culture of respect. We will always take a considered and sensitive approach in order that we can support all of our pupils.
At Wisbech St Mary Church of England Academy we believe that–
Our school is a caring Christian Community firmly founded on the Christian values of love, respect and consideration for others. We reflect these values in the day to day running of the school, in all aspects of the curriculum and in every area of our school life.
As a school community we demonstrate these values through three key words;
READY - being ready to learn, being ready to play, being ready for school in the morning, being ready to get the best out of the day, being ready to accept the views and ideas of others.
RESPECTFUL - respectful of ourselves, respectful of others, respectful of our differences, respectful of property and respectful of the world around us.
SAFE - safe in our play, safe in how we move around school, safe in the street, safe at home, safe in who we talk to online or in person.