2019-2020 Spring: Frozen Planet
This term we will become explorers and travel to the North Pole! Our learning will include...
- Exploring the life, expeditions and explorations of Robert Falcon Scott.
- Locating hot and cold areas of the world in relation to the equator and the North and South Poles.
- Comparing an arctic town with our own local area.
- How animals adapt to their habitats.
- To understand how and why materials can change state, linking to our learning of heat and ice.
- Exploring the work of Nerys Levy and creating our own images of arctic landscapes using her work as a stimulus.
- Exploring the religion of Sikhism and making comparisons with Christianity.
- Using clay to create models of Inukshuks. Learning how and why the Inuit community build these.
- Exploring the phenomenon of the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) and using mixed media art skills to create our own images.
- Developing our ICT skills to research, create images and our understanding of how and why we stay safe when using the internet.
Alongside the pre-planned learning, children's interests will be followed and embraced. Additional activities will be planned 'in the moment' to support child-led learning.