E-Safety & GDPR
At WSM Academy we are committed to supporting children and parents with all aspect of Safeguarding, including E-Safety. We recognise that we live in an ever increasingly technological age and it is out responsibility to prepare children for this world. This includes how to safely navigate when online. We are also dedicated to supporting and educating parents with E-Safety.
We will be holding E-Safety Workshops for parents throughout the year. Information will be sent out to parents ahead of time.
If you have any safeguarding or E-Safety concerns, please speak with one of the school's Designated Safeguarding Leads (click here for more information).
Here are some links to support parents and children with E-Safety:
- Online safety education for 4-7s
- Onine safety education for 8-10s
- Online safety education for 11-13s
The internet can be a fantastic place for children and young people where they can talk to friends, be creative and have fun. However, just like in the real world sometimes things can go wrong. For more information on e-safety for parents and children, visit some of the links below.
Useful E-safety Weblinks
- Know It All - is a set of award-winning resources developed by Childnet to help educate young people and adults about safe and positive use of the Internet.
- Kidsmart - An Internet safety site from Childnet providing information and low cost leaflets for parents and carers.
- Think U Know - A site for pupils explaining Internet dangers and how to stay in control.
- BBC Webwise - The BBC’s guide to using the Internet.
- Bullying UK - Advice for children, schools, parents and carers.
To view a full list of our GDPR policies click here.