Children can access online learning and tasks set by their teacher below or via Tapestry and Class Dojo logins.
Work has been suggested for each year group and will be updated weekly whilst the school remains closed.
There are so many excellent resources available that it might become rather overwhelming. We would always direct you firstly to the links below or those on your child's online learning platform supplied by the class teacher.
This document has been written to work alongside our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy during the Covid-19 school closure.
We use video sharing/conferencing as an integral part of our teaching and learning across a range of subjects. Video sharing/conferencing helps us to share learning practices, collaborate with schools locally and from around the world, and involve global experts in our learning process to aid and challenge pupils’ learning and our teaching practices.
Video sharing/conferencing is very beneficial to our school - pupils’ questions are answered immediately without them having to research answers, class teachers can listen and learn from an expert. Video sharing/conferencing also supports children's mental health and wellbeing during this time of school closure, helping the children to feel connected and to interact/socialise with their peers and teachers.
We are aware that children are likely spending more time online. There is a lot of support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:
- Thinkyouknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents / carers to keep children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents / carers to keep children safe online)
- (support for parents / carers to keep children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents / careers from the NSPCC)
Websites to offer mental health and wellbeing support to parents
- www.llttf.com - Online cognitive behavioural therapy site - advice for adults
- www.youngminds.org.uk - Children and adolescent mental health support resource
- https://www.mind.org.uk/workplace/mental-health-at-work/taking-care-of-yourself/five-ways-to-wellbeing/ - Wellbeing advice for all ages
- https://www.cruse.org.uk - Bereavement counselling
- https://www.samaritans.org/ - Samaritans
- https://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/Resources/Looking-After-Yourself - Self-help resources for mental health issues