At Wisbech St Mary Church of England Academy we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support children, families and staff at school.
- We ensure that all staff receive appropriate training, guidance and support to undertake the effective safeguarding of children.
Any concerns are passed through the designated safeguarding leaders within the school.
The safety and wellbeing of all children and young people is of paramount importance. Parents and carers send their children to school each day with the expectation that the school provides a safe and secure environment in which their children can flourish. We, therefore, have to ensure that this expectation becomes reality. In order to achieve this, a wide range of measures are put into place, including but not limited to:
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Prevent Policy
- Equalities Policy
- First Aid and Medicines Policy
- Health and Safety Policy and regular Health and Safety walks
- Evacuation and Invacuation Policy
- E-safety Policy, including the use of mobile phones and cameras
- Safer Recruiting Policy
- Substance Misuse Policy
(Copies of the above documents can be downloaded from our website here. Paper copies can be obtained from the school office upon request.)
The Local Governing Body keeps these policies under regular review. They ensure the Headteacher provides termly updates on safeguarding to Governors. The Local Governing Body appoints a named Governor for Child Protection and Looked After Children.
Safeguarding children and young people is everyone’s responsibility.